Another good idea is to organize an International Driving Permit before departure. It is recognized by most countries and I imagine having one makes life a lot easier when asked to produce a license. I have heard it is a requirement for car rentals but it also acts as an additional form of ID besides your passport.

It is a simple matter of either applying online or finding the nearest NRMA or similar AAA member if not in NSW.

You will need a copy of your current Australian Drivers License and a recent passport photo. The cost is currently A$39.



please let me know your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s